Senior Creative Project Manager
TBG is seeking an experienced Senior Creative Project Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be tackling everything from video, print and digital. You’ll need to think strategically; work collaboratively and independently; and make everything you touch look and work its best for our roster of B2B and B2G clients. You will report to the Creative Director.
You are calm under pressure and will be called upon to produce a variety of projects for the agency that may not fit neatly into any specialty. Show you can manage the unknown. Be strong, nimble and lead by example. Bring a fresh perspective and a positive attitude.
The pace is fast. The team is fun. The work is challenging—and rewarding.
The Boston Group is a B2B brand agency serving global brands in technology, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and construction/safety.
At The Boston Group we pride ourselves in being a hard-working, quirky bunch. We foster an environment that allows employees to be themselves and speak their minds in a respectful way. We are pushed to be the best we can be, and constantly rewarded for our work with a fun, happy workplace and a caring and dedicated team.
Professionals, rock stars, eccentric—we’ve been called lots of things. Mostly, we’re a motley bunch of strategic thinkers and hard workers tirelessly devoted to helping our clients realize their vision and reach their goals. It’s that commitment that brought each of us here. And as an agency whose prime means of marketing is word of mouth, it’s that commitment that fuels our success.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Interest in and aptitude for producing creative and marketing solutions
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience as a producer in a creative agency or production environment (print, video production, post-production, digital)
- Experience in Integrated marketing preferred
- Well versed in executing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Client-facing experience
- Great project management abilities in a leadership role
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience working with internal account teams and clients to develop and negotiate project scopes and budgets
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines
- Strong business and personal ethics
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables
- Collaborates with the Account Team on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: all assigned creative projects, internal agency projects and assigned new business projects.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing scopes of work
- Educates account team and clients and manages their needs and expectations
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed
- Evaluate best team makeup for assigned projects
- Monitors out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals
- Act as the team leader on all assigned projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to Director level as required
- Monitor all internal and external costs for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains all project backup, status reports, PO’s, estimates, schedules, change orders, production specs, preproduction books and any other associated backup.
- Manage vendors and talent on assigned projects – create purchase orders, monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Manage the production of new business presentations and materials as assigned
- Manage agency internal projects and assist in preparing materials for creative presentations and meetings
- Works with account executives to insure proper billing and invoicing.