Senior Media Planner
TBG is seeking a passionate and curious Senior Media Planner to join our growing team. In this role, you will lead all aspects of the media research, planning, buying, trafficking, reporting and optimizing processes with support from their manager.
You should work well with others as you will also work closely with the client service and analytics team to successfully execute integrated media programs across a variety of clients across B2B and B2C industries. Our culture thrives on entrepreneurs who like to be empowered vs. being micro- managed.
The pace is fast. The team is fun. The work is challenging—and rewarding.
The Boston Group is a B2B brand agency serving global brands in technology, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and construction/safety.
At The Boston Group we pride ourselves in being a hard-working, quirky bunch. We foster an environment that allows employees to be themselves and speak their minds in a respectful way. We are pushed to be the best we can be, and constantly rewarded for our work with a fun, happy workplace and a caring and dedicated team.
Professionals, rock stars, eccentric—we’ve been called lots of things. Mostly, we’re a motley bunch of strategic thinkers and hard workers tirelessly devoted to helping our clients realize their vision and reach their goals. It’s that commitment that brought each of us here. And as an agency whose prime means of marketing is word of mouth, it’s that commitment that fuels our success.
Senior Media Planner Responsibilities include:
- Leading campaign planning from brief to launch
- Researching target audiences
- Managing media budgets
- Developing media strategies and presenting recommendations to clients
- Buying (placing) media
- Trafficking digital media to outlets via third party ad serving
- Basic reporting on digital media and ability to effectively support the analytics team
- Leading campaign optimizations
- Managing partner relationships, participate in various media outlet meetings
- Close liaison with client service and production teams
- Billing/admin support as needed (part of everyone’s job at TBG)
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years specifically working in media planning and buying, preferably at an ad agency
- Understanding of third-party ad trafficking (trafficking experience not required, but preferred)
- Familiarity with website tracking and tagging
- Strong understanding of all media channels with solid technical knowledge in digital media (programmatic experience is a must, familiarity with paid search and social is a plus)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills, must be process-oriented
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and know Excel and PowerPoint well
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advertising interest strongly preferred
- Desire to hit the ground running, a must!